Monday, July 13, 2009
10 of the most beautiful things I've ever seen
1. The sun setting over a still sea, woven to silk, and the swimmers, silhouttetted wading back to the shore like merman returning to land.
2. My brother playing rugby, pausing mid-stride, hanging static for one single second, and then changing course
3. Manhattan, at night, seen from the Brooklyn Bridge: pure kinetic energy and human aspiration.
4. My mother, on her wedding day.
5. Lake Como: the jagged lines of the mountain and the smooth ones of the lake, drapped in blue, purple and white light.
6. Wheat Field with Cypresses by Van Gogh, in the National Gallery
7. The Backs, Cambridge in mist, at 5 am.
8. The Masai Mara: its biblical expanse and improbable animals
9. An Eve Arnold print of an old Chinese Woman - the dignity and humane wisdom of her face.
10. The jellyfish at the Boston Acquarium, like clouds of souls.
Please share yours...